Here at Riverview we believe that community is a critical part of who we are and what we do. As a not-for-profit financial cooperative, we take pride in actively participating in the development of a strong and vital community. Through our philanthropic endeavors the ultimate purpose is to give back. We have a unique ability and belief that when we grow, our obligation and privilege is to do more and return more to our members and the community. We demonstrate our “People Helping People” spirit in several different ways:
- Financial Education: We are a proud and long-standing supporter of Washington County schools, teachers, students and parents that make up the fabric of our educational system. From sponsoring school fundraisers and sports programs to providing books on anti-bullying and financial literacy, Riverview is committed to giving back to our local schools for their dedication to providing the educational foundation for our future community leaders.
In 2017, we formed a new partnership with Ramsey Solutions that will help the future generation develop better financial habits. For the 2017-2018 school year, Riverview partnered to provide Dave Ramsey’s financial literacy curriculum – Foundations in Personal Finance – to three Washington County school districts. This curriculum teaches both middle school and high school students how to save, budget, avoid debt, spend wisely, and invest. The skills they learn help students build confidence in their own financial decision-making, from managing a checking account and paying bills to purchasing their first car. We believe the concepts taught to form good money habits early in life will change their lives forever. For the 2018-2019 school year, Riverview has expanded its sponsorship to all six school districts in Washington County. Find out more.
- Employee Volunteering: We believe that volunteering is good for our communities and employees. That’s why we offer every employee paid leave to volunteer. Volunteering gives employees the opportunity to learn more about the social and environmental issues that we face locally and to help strengthen the communities where we live and work.
- Charitable Efforts: Our Executive Team and Leadership Team all volunteer on boards and committees, providing long-term support for some of the most impactful charitable organizations: Memorial Health Systems, Marietta Noon Lions Club, and Marietta Community Foundation, just to name a few.
- Community Projects: In addition to sponsoring the efforts of nonprofit organizations in the communities we serve, Riverview also funds, organizes and stages events to benefit worthy causes. The following are some of the activities we have participated in to assist local organizations:
- Toys for Needy Toy Drive
- Gospel Mission Food Pantry Drive
- International Credit Union Day
- Humane Society Adoptathon